- The personal information we collect and how we use it,
- With whom we share your information,
- The measures we take to protect the security of your personal information, and
- How you can communicate with us about your rights and choices.
This policy was written in English. To the extent a translated version conflicts with the English version, the English version controls.
INFORMATION SHRIVER EDUCATION FOR THE ARTS COLLECTS AND HOW WE USE IT
We collect different kinds of information that help us run Shriver Education for the Arts activities, promote inclusion, raise awareness, and support our mission. Here are the categories of information we collect and how we use it:
- Your Contact Information is used to provide information to you regarding Shriver Education for the Arts activities and our mission, and to offer you opportunities to donate to Shriver Education for the Arts. Contact Information includes your name, address, phone number, email address, and your parent or guardian’s information if you are a minor or an adult with a legal guardian.
- Your Donation History is used for accounting, tracking your giving to Shriver Education for the Arts, and thanking you for your gifts. We do not store your credit card information, and credit card payments are routed through payment card industry compliant third-party payment services.
In addition, we also collect other technical information such as the type of browser you are using (e.g., Google Chrome, Internet Explorer), the type of operating system you are using (e.g., Windows or Mac OS), CPU type (e.g., Pentium Intel Core), your manner of connecting to the Internet (e.g., connection speed through narrowband or broadband access); internet protocol address; other information about your geographic location; and/or the domain name of your internet service provider.
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES USED ON THIS WEBSITE
A “cookie” is a small piece of data that is sent to your browser from Shriver Education for the Arts’ web server and is stored on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies are used to collect non-identifying information about the user, such as Web surfing behavior or user preferences for a specific website. Inclusion Revolution uses two different types of cookies — session-based and persistent cookies. Session-based cookies expire at the end of a browser session and terminate once you close your browser. Persistent cookies remain on your computer until you remove them. Persistent cookies are used to provide website analytics. You can manually delete all cookies, including persistent ones, within your browser privacy settings menu.
WE DO NOT KNOWINGLY COLLECT INFORMATION FROM CHILDREN
Our website is intended for a general audience. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 without the consent by the holder of parental responsibility. If you are under 13, you are prohibited from providing information to Shriver Education for the Arts through this website without verifiable parental consent. In the event we learn that we collected personal information from anyone under the age of 13, we will delete that information and only recollect the information after receiving parental consent. If you believe that we might have collected personal information from anyone under the age of 13, please contact us using the contact information below.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE SHARE
Shriver Education for the Arts will share your personal information in certain additional situations:
- Payment Processing. Shriver Education for the Arts uses third parties to provide credit card, bank, payment and information processing services. If you choose to make a donation online, by phone, through the mail, or by other means, we will share your personal information with our processing service providers. We authorize these service providers to use your personal information only as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements. We require these service providers by contract to safeguard the privacy and security of personal information they process on our behalf.
- Medical Emergency. Inclusion Revolution will disclose your personal information to medical professionals in an emergency.
- Third Party Researchers. Shriver Education for the Arts may disclose your personal information confidentially with researchers, such as universities or public health agencies, who are studying intellectual disabilities and the impact of Shriver Education for the Arts job activities. Information will only be published in aggregate form without identifying any individual data subjects.
- Necessity. Shriver Education for the Arts will disclose your personal information as necessary to protect your vital interest, protect the vital interest of another person, protect public safety, respond to government requests, and report information as required by law.
- U.S. Donor List Exchange. For U.S. donors, we occasionally exchange our donor name, email, and address list with other reputable nonprofit organizations to keep our costs down. If shared, the other nonprofit organization is only permitted to use such information for a one-time mailing or online advertising and cannot use it for telemarketing and / or emailing purposes. You can opt out of this exchange at any time by contacting us at [email protected] and providing your complete name, email address, and/or mailing address.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
You have rights regarding the personal information we maintain about you. We also offer you choices about what personal information we collect from you, how we use that information, and how we communicate with you.
You have the right to:
- Limit the sharing of your information with third parties for direct marketing purposes;
- Obtain confirmation that we hold personal information about you;
- Request access to and receive information about the personal information we maintain about you;
- Receive copies of the personal information we maintain about you;
- Update and correct inaccuracies in your personal information;
- Have the processing of your personal information restricted or object to the processing of your personal information; and
- Have the information blocked or deleted, as appropriate.
To exercise these rights, please contact us as set forth below. You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us. We will apply your choices going forward.
We are committed to ensuring the privacy of your personal information and have established safeguards to help protect such information. For example, to protect your privacy, Inclusion Revolution uses passwords to help verify authorized user identity before granting access anywhere your personal information is stored. All online monetary transactions are done on a secure server. This means that information entered on the transaction page is encrypted using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) before transmission. On secure pages, a “closed” lock symbol is displayed in the bottom part of your browser screen and the website address in the address bar at the top of the browser screen starts with an “https” instead of an “http.” Though we strive to ensure the security of your information on our systems, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and data transmission over the internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
In order to provide certain services and goods at our website, we contract with other companies and individuals. These additional services and goods may include links to other websites from our website. Inclusion Revolution’s privacy practices may not be applicable at any third-party sites. When you leave the Inclusion Revolution website, we have no control regarding what information may be collected about you, nor do we control what third parties might do with the information. It is important that you review any privacy policies on third-party sites carefully before you use any services or programs offered.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS / YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
CALIFORNIA DO NOT TRACK DISCLOSURE
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that you can set in your web browsers, which allows you to opt out of tracking by websites and online services. Currently, we do not recognize or respond to DNT signals. For more information about DNT, see http://donottrack.us/.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you are in the United States and would like to update your preferences regarding email, mailings or telephone solicitations you receive, please contact [email protected].
Contact Shriver Education for the Arts if you have any other questions or requests related to your information:
Shriver Education for the Arts, Inc.
Attention: Legal Department
111 South Pineapple Ave.
Sarasota, FL 34236
+1 941 402 7685
Updated 15 October 2019